Steamport Materials Use Policy
For purposes of protecting our work, here is our materials policy, and accessing our materials is agreeing to these terms:
Use of the Steamport Materials
Use of the Steamport Materials
- Should a third party set up classes with the Steamport chapter or a volunteer join the Steamport team, they are free to use the Steamport's lesson plans, materials lists, and slides within not for profit volunteer-based classes that are free to the public, with written permission from the Director.
- Should a parent or teacher request access for purposes of educating their kids or students, they are free to use the Steamport's lesson plans, materials lists, and slides within not for profit public or public charter school classes, with written permission from the Director.
- No one involved or previously involved in the third party has permission to modify Google Drive documents.
- No one involved or previously involved in the third party or the Steamport team has permission to distribute (ie. copies, photos, handwritten notes, posting on the internet) lesson plans, materials lists, or slides to anyone or any organization outside of the party and Steamport, including but not limited to kids, parents, libraries, and clubs, with the exception of when parents take pictures of their kids during class and they have a bit of the slides in the background. This applies to all cases. If prospective locations wish to view sample curriculum, there will need to be an in-person meeting scheduled with the Director or Curriculum Director. This is to protect the interests of all volunteers. Should any chapters (including the main chapter) in Stem Up 4 Youth like to obtain the Steamport's lesson plans, materialslists, and slides, the third party or Steamport volunteer does not have permission to distribute these. Please direct them to the Director of Steamport and cc the President of StemUp4Youth.
- Lesson plans, materials lists, and slides should not be used for personal use outside of personal learning, including but not limited to: doing homework for school, turning in work for other clubs or school activities, being passed off as one's own work (which is also plagerizing). Please know that for some of our lesson plans (since the Director distributes a set list of links to other websites), Steamport does have to contact the writers of the blogs/ educational sites, so violation of these terms would also be a violation of integrity to these organizations.
- Violation of these terms will result in removal from access to all data in the Steamport folder, removal from Steamport indefinitely, a monetary penalty approximately equivalent to supporting a full year's worth of material purchases of all locations hosting the Steamport program at the time of violation in the form of a check, and if applicable, full responsibility in all terms of violation from organizations in cooperation with Steamport.
- Accessing the Steamport folder in Google Drive is agreement of the third party or Steamport volunteer to these terms.